Sunday, October 26, 2014

Shelfie: Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have by Annie Downs

Book Description: Annie Downs admits she's not exactly the bravest girl in the world. She still cries sometimes when she leaves her parents' home in Georgia, she's never jumped out of a plane, and she only rides roller coasters to impress boys. But Annie knows that courage resides inside each and every one of us, and she's on a mission to triumph over her own fears while encouraging readers to do the same.
As a single young woman, writer, speaker, and popular blogger, Annie shares this journey toward bravery with honesty and humor. Using wonderful stories from her own life, contemporary real-life examples, and fascinating historical and biblical references, Annie encourages readers to grab hold of the brave life that they desperately desire.
Let's All Be Brave is more than just a book, it's a battle cry. In it, Annie challenges us to live boldly, calls us to step into those places that require courage, and gives us the help to take the next step forward-even when it's scary. This non-fiction, essay-driven book opens the door to many different views of courage-nudging, encouraging, and inspiring readers to be brave whenever given the chance.

Book Review: I knew I was going to love this book when on the first page Annie makes these statements, "Some people live for an adrenaline rush. I live for a sugar rush. " That's what I'm talking about! In her book, Annie encourages Christians to be brave in their walk with God. While being brave in your life other people can be brave in their lives. Don't do someone else's brave thing do the brave thing that God is calling you to do. Do the thing that God's calling you to that makes your stomach drop, and that your scared to tell your family and friends about. 

I loved reading this book. Annie writes like she talks and it makes you feel like you're having a coffee date rather than reading her book. After doing the bravest thing I thought I had ever done (move to Africa with my family for three months), her book encouraged me to continue doing brave things. I loved that she used biblical stories of bravery to reinforce her points. I also love that she writes with wit. 

I recommend this book to anyone who feels like they're not brave. Or to someone who feels like they are- you'll be encouraged to continue. It was a fun, encouraging, and easy read!




*BookLook Bloggers provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.The opinions are my own.*

1 comment: