Friday, January 18, 2013

To my beautiful girl...

You amaze me everyday. Yesterday, you read for the first time. It was awesome. It wasn't a lot of words, but you read! Daddy and I were so proud of you! You were so proud of you!

I want you to know how much Daddy and I love you! How blessed we are with your life. Especially that God chose us to raise you. You are my sunshine! You are intelligent, beautiful, funny, loving, curious, caring, sensitive, talkative- I could go on forever. Already you love, forgive, and rejoice with ease. I hope you never lose that!


Life is hard. You're not always going to get everything that you want. Everything won't always go your way. Things won't always be "fair".

Sometimes, I will push you. Because I know you're capable of more.

Sometimes, I will let you fall. {Not literally. You did get my grace though, so I am sure you will be taking a few spills I won't be there to catch you for.} So that you learn what it's like to get back up again.

Sometimes, I won't always give you all the answers. {I may or may not even know the answer. What?!}  I want you to be able to think for yourself.

I remember the first time I took you to the park I was a nervous wreck! I was sure we were going to be in the E.R. There were so many open spaces! I just knew at any moment you were going to fall right off the side of the playground equipment. I didn't say anything I just nervously wrung my hands and prayed while you tottered around. I smiled at you and watched you discover a whole new adventure.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be like that from here on out. Everyday since you born you have grown farther from me. More independent and more self sufficient. God willing that will never change! I wish already that I could take your place for the hard times that will come. You have to learn to think, to problem solve, to fight for yourself- to live! I can't do that for you. Lord knows I wish I could! It's my job to equip you with the knowledge to make it one day on your own.

People are going to break your heart. They will disappoint you. People won't always be who you expect them to be. You won't always be who people expect you to be either. Love them anyway. Forgive easily.

Most of all, I pray you know God. It won't make your life easier. It won't mean you won't face adversity. It does mean having a relationship with someone who loves you more than I do- crazy right? He created you and wants to have a personal relationship with you. He created a way through His son. I pray you give your heart to Jesus. That He changes you. That you chase after God. To be more like Him, to know Him better, to love like Him, to give like Him, and to forgive like Him. You're not good enough to get into Heaven on your own. You'll never get there without Him. I want to dance on the streets of gold with you one day. {Don't do it just for the dancing though! While I am sure it will be epic, you're walk with God will be better.} It won't mean that you will do it all right just because you're a Christian. You will mess up. You will fall on your face. Get back up. Repent. Dust yourself off and keep fighting the good fight.

Don't forget to live! Don't forget to dream! It's your life- you only get one before Heaven!

Last night as we prayed for your future husband, and you were quick to pray for Dylan as your husband. Be patient- you're 4 years old! {Secretly, I hope it's Dyl too. However, that is still a long way off! I am good to wait until you're 40. Seriously. Kidding!} God knows exactly what He's doing. He doesn't disappoint with His plans. If you're disappointed you haven't been patient long enough- it comes. You don't need to know His plans. It's better when it's a present. Don't try to grow up so quick! Enjoy the moment!!

Know that with every step of the way I will be loving you. I will be praying for you. As long as I'm breathing. {Probably still wringing my hands though...}

No comments:

Post a Comment