Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Sea of Yes

There are many days that I bite off more than I can chew. Do you ever have those days? I'm going to pretend you all said yes because I'll feel better that way. Okay? Okay! 

Today I ran around trying to get everything done by a certain time and it was a little cray cray in my house. I showed up to church with frizzy hair, no makeup, a fresh shirt (the one I had on was stained with the progress from the day). I was whelmed.  


I know the freedom of saying no. Too often I don't do it because I like to think that I can do it all. I hope the way "doing it all" looked and felt today will remind me not to do it again. Hopefully, I remember the comfort that comes with saying yes to the best and no to the rest. It's easy and prideful to think that I can do it all. I don't want to be prideful. 


Tonight, I sat at the kitchen sink finishing the rest of the dishes of the day. Reflecting on the day and feeling the business that today held. As I thought to myself, "What could make this day better?" A verse popped into my mind -- don't you just love when that happens? "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 18:28 As soon as I thought it I felt His peace wash over me. Yes, that is exactly what was missing from my day. More of Him and less of me!




Friends, I hope you are having a blessed week!

In His Love, 
Jennis

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, true, and needed. Thank you for your words tonight, when I needed to read them.

    ReplyDelete