Saturday, July 20, 2013

Where's the bread?

So food in my house doesn't last very long in general between my husband, daughter, and our Great Dane Gracie. Things are always disappearing and I have to go hunting for them. This past Monday it was a Chick-fil-a  Chocolate Chunk Cookie. If you haven't ever had one, drop what you're doing go and get one and come back. It's worth it. I'll wait...

Yum, right?

They are my favorite as of late, especially with some sweet tea, and my sweet mother-in-love had bought me one at dinner that night. I was saving it for my "me" time after Kendall had gone to bed and it disappeared. Wrapper and all. IT was on top of the fridge... As soon as I asked out loud where my cookie was my Gracie girl went and hid in the corner. Hmmmmm.... As a result Kendall and I tried a hand at making our own Chick-fil-a cookies! They were yummy but not quite the real thing! The recipe definitely helps the craving though!

Then last night I was making some of this bread from The Small Things blog for a friend's birthday party who LOVES it. Yum! If you haven't had the bread before- make it! Sooo good! Ahem, I digress. Loaf of  bread goes on the fridge. Fifteen minutes pass and the bread is gone... Except this time the wrapper is in Gracie's corner with her blankets.

Tonight, I had an entire package of pita go missing and the wrapper was again in Gracie's corner. My girl has graduated from counter and pantry "surfing" to refrigerator "surfing". I guess I should be glad she can't open the fridge or the microwave because then there would be no more safe places to hide things from her. I would say the oven but I am a bit afraid of what would happen when I forgot something was already in there and went to use it. Nevertheless I have been asking "Where's the bread?" a lot lately! I'm going to have to get ahead of the curve with this pup!

Do your pets eat unexpected things? Did you find a good way to handle that problem?



Hope you're having a great weekend!

In His Love, 
Jennis

No comments:

Post a Comment