Monday, July 29, 2013

I Surrender All

Three weeks before my husband left for Africa, God got a hold of my heart. He told me I needed to say  "yes". Problem was I didn't want to say "yes" if I didn't know what it was for. So I did what people normally do (and by people I mean me), I argued. Until He asked me to surrender. Then, I said "yes". Tears streamed and peace flowed. The call was for missions. I didn't share with Joe because I didn't want him going to Africa with any preconceived notions. I knew if God was calling me He was also calling Joe. So I waited on God.

During the trip Joe would send me texts via Facebook. To say he loved it would be an understatement! Then one night after they were already back on base Joe called at 7 a.m. his time 1 a.m. my time. I knew what he was calling for. On the other end of the line Joe was trying to explain to me that we were going to have to move to Africa. I answered simply, "I already said yes." He was shocked. He was like, "What are you talking about?" So I told him the whole story. By the end of the phone call we were both in tears. God was moving! 


Here is an excerpt from his journal while he was there:


"What an amazing testimony to God, I've felt the call again, He broke me, my heart!! He is doing a mighty work in me and my family. I will step out and trust Him. People have prophesied over me, I feel the Spirit all up in me. I will take the step and trust God with all. Surrender is what it's about."

Answering the call means saying "no" to life as we know it. We could not be more excited though. Right now we have submitted an application for advanced missions training. If we are accepted we will be leaving in May for three months in Africa. During that time we will be trained in 17 subjects that are a mixture between classroom learning and practical field exercises. We will spend a lot of time in the villages, going on 3 expeditions as well as staying with the villagers and sharing God’s Word. We will experience a unique and challenging missionary training course that will prepare us to handle anything. Once we graduate, if God is still calling us to serve, we will discuss full time missionary work.

We are ready to surrender it all. Between the two of us we have never known a greater peace than we feel right now. Please be in prayer for us. Pray that we don't try to do God's work for Him. That we continue to surrender and let Him do all the work. We covet your prayers! 



In His Amazing Love, 
Joe and Jennis


4 comments: