Friday, February 13, 2015

Put Your Love on the Map


I don't know why but I was shocked when Valentine's Day stuff was out on the shelves January 1st! I thought it was a little much, ya know? I'm not "hating" on the holiday. I just think commercialized love is a little shallow. Nothing says love like over sized animals, sweets, and spending too much money right? Real love can't be found on a shelf. You can't buy it.  It definitely shouldn't be celebrated once a year. 

                           

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.  By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35


Jesus gave us the greatest example of love. He went to the cross for you and I. For the whole world. Love is sacrificial. It gives every day. It dies to self. It's much more than just a feeling every now and then. It's an everyday decision. 


This year, what if we did something different? God's love compels us as an outpouring of what's already been done for us to love others. What if we put our love on the map? What if we put our love into action? Let's love one another. 


Maybe for you it's giving a little extra to a missionary. Maybe it's going on a mission trip. Maybe it's providing food, giving clean water, sponsorship, or giving bibles. Let's share love in a tangible way. Want to find out more? You can at World Help and put your love on the map! 
In His Love, 
Jennis



No comments:

Post a Comment