Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pride

I don't say I'm a Christian as a matter of pride. Quite the opposite, in humility I realize that I will always be in need of Jesus. That I can't live with out Him. When I think I can live on my own strength things go crazy. Most times I let me attitude rule my day. Unfortunately, my attitude is as black and sinful as my heart.

My husband is amazing. He works incredibly hard. Some days I forget what the Bible says about how a wife is to treat her husband and only focus on how it says he should treat his wife.

What I focus on:


  • Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for it. Ephesians 5:25
  • Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
  • So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. Ephesians 5:28-29
What I should focus on:

  •  Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22
  • Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:24
  • That they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed. Titus 2:4-5
That last verse hits home, a lot. How do I show love to my husband? To my daughter? Can I show them the love of God if I take my focus off of Him? No. Never. I wasn't created to live without Him or to do things on my own. There are days I have to apologize to my husband. There are days that I have to apologize to my four year old. I have to apologize to God everyday, more than once. I am so grateful for His grace. {I am also thankful for my husband and daughter's forgiveness.} For the quiet whisper of the Holy Spirit even when I don't want to hear it. That He patiently teaches and changes me even if some lessons are on repeat.


Lord, help me to always keep my focus on You. Help me to love my family and friends the way you would have me love them Lord. Help me to focus less on me and more on You. Thank you for loving me even when I don't feel very lovable. You are an awesome God! Amen!

In His Love, 
Jennis

2 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog! I am so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, praise God! Thank you for leaving a comment! I am off to check out your blog! :)

      Delete