Saturday, January 5, 2013

One, two, three, four, five!

Today my husband and I have been married 5 years. It seems crazy that it's been that long and at that same time it all flew by.


We have had some difficult trials during our marriage. Trials I wasn't sure we were going to make it through. We trusted God and five years later we wouldn't change a thing. We would do it all over again  especially all the hard stuff. You have to use your faith muscle-- the more you use it the stronger it gets.

Happy memories from this day are:
  • Getting my makeup done with my sister-in-love.
  • Getting my hair done with all of my girls.
  • My mom and mother-in-love helping me get dressed. 
  • Laughing because my soon-to-be husband wanted the same color tie as the groomsmen.
  • My Dad walking me down the aisle.
  • Crying as soon as I saw Joey.
  • Crying more when I saw he was crying.
  • Our sweet friend Pastor Jeremy marrying us.
  • Pastor telling Joey that he could now kiss his gift from God. 
  • His wife telling me I looked just like Carrie Underwood. :)
  • Celebrating with everyone we loved. 


In 5 years I have learned:
1. Love is a choice.
2. Continue to put God first. 
3. He's my best friend.
4.. It's not all about me.
5. Don't ever stop dating your husband. 
{I'm still learning new things about him.}
6. He is never going to stop drinking 
out of my glass. 
7. I love getting to watch him be a Daddy 
to our daughter.
8. Pray together.
9. Listen to each other.
10. Fight for your marriage.














Happy Anniversary Babe! I love you so much! I thank God for every step of the way! 
Can't wait for the next 100 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment