Monday, January 21, 2013

In a Little Jam

Hubs went back to school today. I already miss him. Mondays has been our family days for a while and now they are not. In order to take my mind off of him being gone, I made jam. Productive. A few weeks ago Kendall and I went strawberry picking with some friends. We loved it! 







However, when we got home I found out no one was going to be eating the said strawberries except me. So I made jam instead. I've always wanted to try canning and I took this as the perfect opportunity.








Once the jars were done boiling in my pot and cooling I heard them all pop (the heavenly sound of a good seal)! Woohoo! I used the recipe on the ball pectin jar and took some pointers from Pioneer Woman here and here. I am looking forward to tasting them. :)

Then it was time for the laundry soap. I made some and used this "recipe"

What are you up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment