Friday, August 2, 2013

Beauty for Ashes

Guess what? The Mercy House has new items in their shop!!! 
Check out a few of my favorites!     
              

I love this new line and the verse that inspired them! 

"To console those who mourn in Zion, 
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness, 
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:3

After we got the call for missions and Joe was back from Africa we were about to have a family quiet time. Joe told me to pray for God to bring me a verse that we could discuss. God gave me Luke 4:18. Which "funnily" enough is from Isaiah 61:1 about the year of the Lord's favor.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because He has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,"
Luke 4:18


"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me 
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, 
to proclaim liberty to the captives, 
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;"
Isaiah 61:1


God is so good. He continues to confirm our call to missions even with all the confirmations He's already given us. I just cried after reading it. I am so grateful for what He is doing. He is amazing! Obviously, these verses hold special meaning for our family!

If you have never heard of The Mercy House and would like to know more you can do that here. Or you can read the blog I posted about them here.  I just love what Mercy House is doing in Kenya and the way that God is moving there! This week they moved into their new house. While supplies last you can help with moving costs by buying this beautiful rose cuff bracelet from Everyday Icing! 100% of the proceeds goes to Mercy House! While you're on their site check out their new line and Love Mercy with me!  :)

In His Amazing Love,
Jennis

SBP_3054

No comments:

Post a Comment