Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"To live is so startling...

"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else." - Emily Dickinson

So the summer has passed by so quickly! My timeline since my last post: My girl had a birthday. My girl and I took a trip. A dear friend passed away. My hub and I took a trip. We came back and attempted to settle back into things. It was hard. This is my attempt to continue to settle back into things. :)

Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to. Of course not in this order though...


















The trips were amazing and we lived every minute of them. Our friend that passed away is still really missed.  Steve Moore was one of those people that always had a smile on his face, continually made people laugh (I'm still laughing at some of his jokes), and most importantly served and loved God with all of his heart. He is in a much better place, but he will be missed until we meet him again. For Christians that is our hope, Heaven. It will be a glorious day. I hope you know that God loves you and that He desires to have a relationship with you. The way that you do that is through his son Jesus.

How is your quiet time? Mine lately hasn't been as regular as it should be. Life is busy and I have not had my priorities in order. I'm changing that. :) Do any of you follow She Reads Truth? I love it. Right now the ladies are going through Proverbs. I love Proverbs. I also struggle with Proverbs. Some of it is hard to read. Sometimes I change translations until I understand it better. Do you do that? Today was Proverbs 9. The invitations of Folly and Wisdom. My favorite verses from this chapter are 10 - 12. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you;  if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer." Powerful stuff right? I struggle with whether I am a woman of folly or wisdom. Honestly? I can be both. Do I want to be? No. It's easy to be caught up in the world and have no sense. I do not want to be that woman. I want to be the woman of wisdom. I want to leave the legacy of having a heart for Jesus. The Bible says in Joshua 24:15, "And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” I have chosen. I will serve the Lord! Will I be perfect at it? No, but God will get a lot of knee mail. :) Will you pray for me? Can I pray for you? I pray you know how much God loves you and desires a relationship with you. God loves you and there is nothing you can do to change that!


In His Amazing Love, 
Jennis
11 12 

No comments:

Post a Comment